OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
should of got at least 3 wks considering its a bad look for the game
What happens on the field should stay there, isn't that the code..

To try and follow up inside is a ugly look for the game especially with Mahoney not even expecting it.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed Kikau and salmon defending closer in on the weekend. Our players also did a great job finding their front when tackled and getting quick play the balls, while getting Knights onto their backs. Our kick-chase is as good as anyone’s, and the backs are taking a greater share of the hit-ups. A lot of good little changes are happening to compensate for our smaller forwards and an un-creative half.

I think the heart of Ciro’s defensive system is effort upon effort upon effort, not where you stand or how you move up etc.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The fact that their only try when the game was up for grabs was off the back of multiple set restarts on our line is such a huge effort by our boys..
Would still like to see our defence hold that one out. It's capable.
Good to see in NSW Cup too, the only try against them was an intercept.
So, obviously the same system in practice and our second team showing they can implement it effectively.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would still like to see our defence hold that one out. It's capable.
Good to see in NSW Cup too, the only try against them was an intercept.
So, obviously the same system in practice and our second team showing they can implement it effectively.
yeah absolutely.. I reckon if the Mahoney incident/sin bin doesn't occur they don't score at the end.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see what O'brien does with his side this week.. I really feel like Crossland at present is the better option at 9 for them, he is a ball of energy... Brailey is solid enough, but pretty conservative.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see what O'brien does with his side this week.. I really feel like Crossland at present is the better option at 9 for them, he is a ball of energy... Brailey is solid enough, but pretty conservative.
Who cares can’t stand Newcastle

the only players I like in there team ponga best Gagai that’s there team mainly Kalyan is a really professional player not dirty at all just gets on with it I was very suprised they kept him on he is gone for 3 months

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo might be on to something with the smaller mobile players in the middle. If this works out we might change the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can remember we won a premiership with a "small mobile pack" in the 80s...

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we have never been about size always about being tough and hard as we are seeing but coming through now we do have some big boys in the team and are very strong and we have a very quick back line right and left I would say the quickest in the league

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares can’t stand Newcastle

the only players I like in there team ponga best Gagai that’s there team mainly Kalyan is a really professional player not dirty at all just gets on with it I was very suprised they kept him on he is gone for 3 months
I am interested, that's why I said it lol.. Newcastle don't look threatening at all with Brailey at 9 for me... I'd be playing him off the bench

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When Sutton and sulka Fifita come
Back and he has possa there and Hughes

the the back line Preston kikau Curran critta Addo Carr xerri mann tracey it’s actually quite a smart move but Gus Gould to have taffe even it’s a great side and know they all
Know each other it’s showing on the field