Status
Not open for further replies.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

17. Blake Taaffe 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Josh Curran 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jaeman Salmon 13. Kurt Mann

14. Bailey Hayward 15. Samuel Hughes 16. Kurtis Morrin 22. Jacob Preston

19. Blake Wilson 20. Poasa Faamausili

Wests Tigers

1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Justin Olam 5. Solomon Alaimalo 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 18. Jake Simpkin 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Samuela Fainu 13. John Bateman

14. Latu Fainu 15. Alex Twal 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Fonua Pole

19. Starford To'a 20. Asu Kepaoa

Referees: Kasey Badger;Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Jon Stone;Video Referees: Gerard Sutton

Last edited by a moderator:

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A refreshed Canterbury Bulldogs side is out to pick up where they left off when they return to action against the Wests Tigers on Saturday.

Cameron Ciraldo's men claimed a dominant 36-12 win over the Newcastle Knights before they enjoyed the bye in round eight.

The Bulldogs have been much improved to start the season and have troubled the top teams in the competition on the back of superb form from Viliame Kikau, Stephen Crichton and Matt Burton.

Round 7 Bulldogs team: 1. Connor Tracey 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 22. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Chris Patolo 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jaeman Salmon 13. Josh Curran 8. Samuel Hughes 14. Bailey Hayward 16. Kurtis Morrin 17. Blake Taaffe 21. Jake Turpin

Team Tips: Reigning club player of the year Jacob Preston is in line to return from a jaw injury for the surging Dogs, who moved into the top eight this weekend without playing a game. If Preston is good to go, expect him to start in the second row and take the place of Jaeman Salmon, who’ll come off the bench. That would push either Bailey Hayward or Blake Taaffeoff the pine. Sam Hughes and Max King are the likely starting props with Chris Patolo out with a knee injury.

Last week’s Tigers team: 1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Justin Olam 5. Solomon Alaimalo 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali’i 12. Samuela Fainu 13. John Bateman 14. Latu Fainu 15. Alex Twal 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Fonua Pole 18th man: 18. Justin Matamua

The Wests Tigers have also shown glimpses of promise this year, however they are licking their wounds after a 34-10 loss to the Broncos last weekend.

Medical staff will keep a close eye on Api Koroisau throughout the week after the captain suffered a back injury on Saturday, however coach Benji Marshall is confident he will be fit to play.

Centre Star To'a is likely to be available for selection after missing six games with an ankle injury while Jacob Preston is a chance of returning from a broken jaw for the Bulldogs.

Stat Attack
  • The Bulldogs have won three of their past four games against Wests Tigers.
  • Wests Tigers have lost their past nine games at Accor Stadium.
  • Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr has scored 22 tries in his last 22 games at Accor Stadium.
  • Wests Tigers have not defeated the Bulldogs at Accor Stadium since 2018.
  • The Bulldogs have scored 66 points in their last two games at Accor Stadium.

Last edited:

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expect bulldogs to get job done ✅ against tigers .
Then we will all watch closely vs Penrith week after.
I wanna see bulldogs stretch the panthers defence and go wide .
But first taking care of bussiness against tigers

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mann is also due back, who does he push out? With Patolo out, Preston and Mann to return at least three players will drop out with Patolo being the first Then two more players need to make way, the candidates are Salmon, Haywood, Morrin and Taffe. Haywood will be one. Salmon pros high work rate in defence, plays both middle and edge, Cons very limited attacking ability, ineffective hit ups. Morrin Pros High energy, good leg speed, plays lock but like a prop, Cons limited to a middle role, plays limited minutes, is small for a middle forward. Taffe Pros covers spine positions in halves and fullback, reasonable speed, Cons is not a forward, limited experience defending in the front line, limited recent experience in the halves, Does he have long kicking game?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like Kitiona Kautofa get another run this week against his former club. Went well in cup last week and i think we need a bigger bench against the tigers. We don’t need to carry both taffe and Hayward.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Api plays. I don't want other teams saying we had soft run.
Mate we have been getting by with a bunch of dwarfs as our middles........ i don't give a hoot who is out for opponents when we play, just as long as it doesn't lead to our players underestimating them....

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like Kitiona Kautofa get another run this week against his former club. Went well in cup last week and i think we need a bigger bench against the tigers. We don’t need to carry both taffe and Hayward.
He can stay in Reggie's until he learns when to tackle not how to tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.