Official Son of a gun jumps ship

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SON OF A GUN JUMPS SHIP

Remember former Wests and Illawarra halfback of the 1990s, Josh White?

White actually began his career in the Bulldogs juniors - and now his son is following in his footsteps.

Cooper White, 18, a gun young fullback who has been killing them in the Dragons' junior league, has signed with the Bulldogs for next season.

White has impressed the men that matter at the Bulldogs, notably club boss Phil Gould.

The youngster has superb acceleration and the ability to break the line and is one to watch in coming years.

White would have been happy to stay at the Dragons - but the club was slow coming up with an offer and the Bulldogs swooped.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to enjoy watching his dad play .... love me a halfback with blistering acceleration.

Anyone remember Mal Creevey RIP ?

Would have played a heap of first grade if not for one S Mortimer.
I do - ended up at Illawarra from memory.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great times ... sitting on the hill with family.

Hard to believe fans only turn up for the main event these days.
Now even when there are two games the time bytween the games is a problem - close to an hour between the lower grade finishing and the first grade game starting.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it wrong to hate that lil entitled bitch Flanagan. His name pops up in every thread for f sake.

good signing Gus to bring in the good young players.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you’re destined to join daddy at the sea eagles.
Why would I go to the Sea Eagles? they have a decent halfback, we have no credible options other than moi. And don't say Sullivan, because he isn't as good as me, is unlikely to be released and if he's going to refuse to turn up to training, we don't need that sort of lack of professionalism.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now even when there are two games the time bytween the games is a problem - close to an hour between the lower grade finishing and the first grade game starting.
Back in the good old days, if the Reserve Grade game had interruptions from injury I remember times at Belmore when the First Grade team were running out of the tunnel just as the Reserve Graders were coming off the field! Good old days!!!

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I do - ended up at Illawarra from memory.
IIRC, when Mal Creevy left the Dogs for the Steelers, he stated that he wanted to show everyone he was as good as Steve Mortimer.
Unfortunately, that was too high an ambition. But I'd forgotten that he died so young.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would watch all three grades back in the 60s/70s - loved the big numbers - 33 was the halfback in third grade - occasionally the third grade reserves an out in numbers in the 40s.
I loved watching all three grades back in the 60's/70's, especially at Belmore when the guy selling peanuts would come over to the hill.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved watching all three grades back in the 60's/70's, especially at Belmore when the guy selling peanuts would come over to the hill.
yes great day out an love your profile pic. Bulldog Brower vs Spiros arion on world championship wrestling brings back memories