Tapatalk is back up

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Apologies to all that ran into some errors today and yesterday whilst we fixed our tapatalk plugin.

I don't have nice things to say about Tapatalk but I'm we were able to get everything going again.

If you run into issues after reading this, please let me know so we can look into it.

Cheers,
Nash

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey Team..I'm having drama getting into The Kennel via Tapatalk...Username and Passwords haven't changed. Comes up with Add-on version error. Anyone else having the same issue??

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We axed the Kennel App due to the fact that it's too much of a hassle to update, and Tapatalk uses a similar platform so that may be the cause.

I suggest logging in via the mobile version of the website. Accessing the site via any mobile browser should work.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's compatible up to fairly recent versions on Xenforo, BUT, because Xenforo updates their forum software on a fairly regular basis, it means that Tapatalk is almost always unsupported again after a few months.

So you end up with a situation of running technically uncompatible versions of Tapatalk (because it rarely updates), on new versions of Xenforo.

As such more forum owners are kinda moving away from it, as its just too much of a headache to keep updated (or hold back updating Xenforo).

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This was Tapatalk message to me. Screenshot_20240430_075012_Gmail.jpg

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was Tapatalk message to me. View attachment 107963
Interesting reply from them.

Yes it is possible but it'd be akin to having your car serviced every 2378kms instead of every 20,000kms. Maintenance requirements are much higher, because you're constantly having to keep an eye on what version of Tapatalk you are using, and that holds back what version of Xenforo you can upgrade to.

Hence if Tapatalk only update their software every 12 months, but Xenforo do every 3 months, then you are either stuck with an older version of Xenforo, or an unsupported version of Tapatalk.

Can be a tricky call then.