The Tennis Thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez, you can come down on a guy who is relatively successful as hard as this, but still give some of us grief for bagging out the bulldogs lol.

They are always gonna hype up our best prospect in a home slam. Puts bums on seats. Alex has improved a lot, I think… but yeah, still a long way to go if he wants to mix it with guys like Rublev when they are at their best.
Our mens tennis players are way bigger underachievers than the Dogs lol
Your right it had to be (over) hyped because the draw card if Australian tennis didn't play Nick Kyrgios and ratings are subsequently right in the shitter haha.
If you watched you would agree the last 2 sets when he was clearly the fitter of the two weren't much chop?
Kid never gives up gets 10/10 for trying and maybe he does a Rafter and peaks in his late 20's but I can't see him ever winning a slam.

Also we have absolutely no rising stars coming through that I know of ...

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, you can come down on a guy who is relatively successful as hard as this, but still give some of us grief for bagging out the bulldogs lol.

They are always gonna hype up our best prospect in a home slam. Puts bums on seats. Alex has improved a lot, I think… but yeah, still a long way to go if he wants to mix it with guys like Rublev when they are at their best.
Will not ever go more than a QF and that’s at absolute best. Just flat out doesn’t have the weapons, being a Hewitt clone may have worked a decade and a half ago it won’t work now times have changed. Nothing about his game (serve, backhand or forehand) is elite. That’s just cold hard facts. He has done well to be in the top 10 thats his maximum level.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alcaraz putting in his worst performance of his Grand Slam career while Zverev is playing his best tennis ever. Djokovic must be laughing but hope and pray Sinner can cause an upset against the arrogant one.

On a side note I know it will never happen but surely it’s high time the Australian Open should be moved away from the Woke capital of Australia.

First they snub Australia Day this year and once again as is so often the case in recent years, the crowds in Melbourne are appalling calling out when players are ready. No consideration for the players or the majority of fans just wanting to watch the worlds best Tennis players strut their stuff.

Cheer when appropriate but anyone continuing calling out aren’t true fans of the game and should be kicked out after a warning.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alcaraz OUT

What happened all the commentators were talking him up.
What happened was Zverev was playing his best Tennis ever for the first 2 and a half sets. His first serve was up around 88 - 90%. Alcaraz was way off his game and it looked like an early night until the pendulum swung and Zverev started showing signs of mental fatigue and Alcaraz started played like he did at Wimbledon last year, it looked like being the biggest comeback since the Panthers beat the Broncos in last years GF. Unfortunately for Alcaraz, Zverev found his form again in the 4th to gain, what is, the biggest win in his career so far.

Alcaraz is still only 20 and Courier said in commentary he is more gifted than Djokovic, Nadal and Federer at the same age.

This win by Zverev can only be surpassed by beating his nemesis in Medvedev in the Semi Final.

Noticed in the post match interview that the mind games have already started with Zverev stating how great the Australian crowds are. That is the overstatement of the decade. They’re anything but that but at least he’ll have most of them on his side.

If you want see how much if an A hole Medvedev is watch the 4th episode, 2nd season, in the brilliant Netflix documentary called Break Point.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened was Zverev was playing his best Tennis ever for the first 2 and a half sets. His first serve was up around 88 - 90%. Alcaraz was way off his game and it looked like an early night until the pendulum swung and Zverev started showing signs of mental fatigue and Alcaraz started played like he did at Wimbledon last year, it looked like being the biggest comeback since the Panthers beat the Broncos in last years GF. Unfortunately for Alcaraz, Zverev found his form again in the 4th to gain, what is, the biggest win in his career so far.

Alcaraz is still only 20 and Courier said in commentary he is more gifted than Djokovic, Nadal and Federer at the same age.

This win by Zverev can only be surpassed by beating his nemesis in Medvedev in the Semi Final.

Noticed in the post match interview that the mind games have already started with Zverev stating how great the Australian crowds are. That is the overstatement of the decade. They’re anything but that but at least he’ll have most of them on his side.

If you want see how much if an A hole Medvedev is watch the 4th episode, 2nd season, in the brilliant Netflix documentary called Break Point.
Here is his response to his portrayal in Netflix..

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is his response to his portrayal in Netflix..

Yes I saw that but I’ve also seen the 2nd Series and while Zverev is no angel either if you have seen the episode when they both played one another on clay you would clearly see how bad Medvedev actually is. Camera doesn’t lie.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I saw that but I’ve also seen the 2nd Series and while Zverev is no angel either if you have seen the episode when they both played one another on clay you would clearly see how bad Medvedev actually is. Camera doesn’t lie.
Apparently Medvedev wants to be a better person from this year onwards.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great to see Sinner dominate that match and hold his nerve after losing the 3rd set. He deserved that win massively. Hopefully he wins the final..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was Novak Djokovic 'suffering' an injury during the match.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD channel7 commentary on Zverev and Medvedev is that bias for Zverev it’s sickening ..talk about a love fest..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FMD channel7 commentary on Zverev and Medvedev is that bias for Zverev it’s sickening ..talk about a love fest..
I am over the SOB story of Jelena Dokic etc & the reason she is fat etc.

Yeah yeah, I am cruel, nasty etc.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking forward to Zverev taking to Medvedev then i read tonight Zverev is facing court for domestic violence charges in Germany.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two reasons for that: 1 - he’s Russian and 2 - he’s a lying smart arse cheat.

Watch the Netflix Doco to see that.

Hope Sinner wipes the floor with him, which I think he will. Zverev not only choked but produced a lot of unforced errors, plus he was in his 1st ever Grand Slam Semi-Final.

Sinner beat a 10 time champion and it was a match of a lot higher quality.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking forward to Zverev taking to Medvedev then i read tonight Zverev is facing court for domestic violence charges in Germany.
That was reported earlier in the tournament and at this stage they are only allegations. Everyone deserves the presumption of innocence before proven guilty.

NRL players have been charged but others have been exonerated, e.g. Josh Reynolds.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hope Sinner wipes the floor with him, which I think he will. Zverev not only choked but produced a lot of unforced errors, plus he was in his 1st ever Grand Slam Semi-Final.

Zverev played like he always does(pro choker)but has played in many semis? Even played in a final iirc, maybe the US Open where he lost to Thiem.Regardless he is merely a pretender.
What is with all these guys who can't win in 3 or 4 sets, more mental than physical imo.

Sinner should win but it's his first spin at the biggest dance, Djokovic was never right this tournament which I said early doors, so that win has a slight asterisk next to it for mine.
Wish him good luck though and like most would rather he wins than the ruskie who is a fairsized dickhead.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I’m in the opposite corner..I hope Medvedev wins..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I read that.. But innocent until proven guilty..