MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie what about 299. Wow! Better card than 300 at this stage.

Looking forward to Sunday great match up. I’m tipping Strickland distance management to get him the points. Unless DDP can hold him down.
300 still is lacking a main event but yeah - 299 is good. As long as JDM bounces back.

I genuinely have no idea. Reckon Strickland and DDP were slept on massively until their last fights. Did both just get a good match up? No idea and I honestly have no idea how this will go. Just think if you can get past Stricklands jab, he's vulnerable. Can DDP do that? Well he's all over the shop so maybe. Its sort of a case of very traditional vs very non traditional.

If I had to put cash on it - I'd probably go DDP only due to everyone saying how strong the guy is. But I'm really guessing. There such a mismatch in terms of styles that its hard to pick.

Funnily enough - really looking forward to Allen/Movsar. That should be a banger.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
300 still is lacking a main event but yeah - 299 is good. As long as JDM bounces back.

I genuinely have no idea. Reckon Strickland and DDP were slept on massively until their last fights. Did both just get a good match up? No idea and I honestly have no idea how this will go. Just think if you can get past Stricklands jab, he's vulnerable. Can DDP do that? Well he's all over the shop so maybe. Its sort of a case of very traditional vs very non traditional.

If I had to put cash on it - I'd probably go DDP only due to everyone saying how strong the guy is. But I'm really guessing. There such a mismatch in terms of styles that its hard to pick.

Funnily enough - really looking forward to Allen/Movsar. That should be a banger.
JDM? If referring to Jack he hasn’t lost yet in the UFC Gilbert will be a massive test.

I think both are a bit unorthodox in styles which does make in interesting.

Allen v Elvoev what a banger! Allen’s grappling will definitely be tested.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
JDM? If referring to Jack he hasn’t lost yet in the UFC Gilbert will be a massive test.

I think both are a bit unorthodox in styles which does make in interesting.

Allen v Elvoev what a banger! Allen’s grappling will definitely be tested.
Yeah. Appreciate he was fighting a late notice guy but his last was fight was pretty ordinary. yeah got the points but tbh - that guy was called in on what, 4 or 5 days notice.

Burns is a good allround fighter who has a chin. I think this is way too much of a step up. Burns has decisions against a range of top strikers over the years, reckon the way you get him is a real mixed game. JDM is pure striker and if wonderboy cannot put him away, doubt JDM will as well.

Just think Allen sort of got in his own head a bit last fight. Max kept him at range and by the time Allen worked out how to get through it was too late. Too busted and tired. Movsars record looks great but 10 decisions out of 17 doesn't speak well for your ability to put it away, especially when Allen is by far the biggest name in the list and may be a UFC step up for him.

I like Allen. Think he has to provide Movsar with some takedown disincentive early. And think Allen has the kicking game to do that.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah. Appreciate he was fighting a late notice guy but his last was fight was pretty ordinary. yeah got the points but tbh - that guy was called in on what, 4 or 5 days notice.

Burns is a good allround fighter who has a chin. I think this is way too much of a step up. Burns has decisions against a range of top strikers over the years, reckon the way you get him is a real mixed game. JDM is pure striker and if wonderboy cannot put him away, doubt JDM will as well.

Just think Allen sort of got in his own head a bit last fight. Max kept him at range and by the time Allen worked out how to get through it was too late. Too busted and tired. Movsars record looks great but 10 decisions out of 17 doesn't speak well for your ability to put it away, especially when Allen is by far the biggest name in the list and may be a UFC step up for him.

I like Allen. Think he has to provide Movsar with some takedown disincentive early. And think Allen has the kicking game to do that.
You mean the fight before bruz. Last fight he fought Holland. I always think it can be hard for the ranked fighter also if he takes an unranked guy on short notice eg Elvolev vs Lopes. You just don’t know how good the other guy is. That guy Bassil Hafez is no slouch he had some real pop in his punches too.

JDM has a few submission wins on his record and is a brown belt in BJJ but Gilbert is a multiple time worlds bjj champion so not many can hang with him on the ground.

Allen is a great fighter no disputing that. Big for the weight div too. I’m leaning toward Elvoev personally.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You mean the fight before bruz. Last fight he fought Holland. I always think it can be hard for the ranked fighter also if he takes an unranked guy on short notice eg Elvolev vs Lopes. You just don’t know how good the other guy is. That guy Bassil Hafez is no slouch he had some real pop in his punches too.

JDM has a few submission wins on his record and is a brown belt in BJJ but Gilbert is a multiple time worlds bjj champion so not many can hang with him on the ground.

Allen is a great fighter no disputing that. Big for the weight div too. I’m leaning toward Elvoev personally.
Fck forgot that. Didn't think he was that good in the Holland fight either. That was a split decision wasn't it? And Holland is ok - but Burns is another level. Basil was very good but, you want to move into the top 5, you gotta take care of business better than that.

Fair play. Just really liked what Allen did against Max. Yeah he got pounded a bit but Max is Max. Think he showed enough to me to beat anyone else other than Max, Volk and Ilia in the division. Movsar on the other hand - this is a bit of a step up and if you're not finishing lower rank guys, just cannot see how you're finishing the top tier.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fck forgot that. Didn't think he was that good in the Holland fight either. That was a split decision wasn't it? And Holland is ok - but Burns is another level. Basil was very good but, you want to move into the top 5, you gotta take care of business better than that.

Fair play. Just really liked what Allen did against Max. Yeah he got pounded a bit but Max is Max. Think he showed enough to me to beat anyone else other than Max, Volk and Ilia in the division. Movsar on the other hand - this is a bit of a step up and if you're not finishing lower rank guys, just cannot see how you're finishing the top tier.
All fair points as always bro. Although food for thought. Khabib had a lot of unimpressive decision wins on his way to the top also. I truely believe a lot of fighters get better as they move through the div and get bigger fights.

I really want to see the French assassin Benoit St Denis against Dustin on 299.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
All fair points as always bro. Although food for thought. Khabib had a lot of unimpressive decision wins on his way to the top also. I truely believe a lot of fighters get better as they move through the div and get bigger fights.

I really want to see the French assassin Benoit St Denis against Dustin on 299.
Just makes it a great fight. Think I'm having a very lazy Sunday indeed.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Excellent. Main event is no longer via the UFC app. I use Fox Go and cannot access Fox Main Event and Kayo is bugging out.

Cnts....

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This will be a good fight I like Bueno Silva

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
This will be a good fight I like Bueno Silva
Well having to follow this via sherdog ffs.

Although as I was dicking around with all this - Fox has a deal on where the normal $105 package is now $55 for 12 months. My current sub was $75 - so might have been fckd around but after I canned my UFC sub and changed my Fox sub, up $30/month for a while.

Guess I get to check everything out on dodgy russian utube vids after the fact for a while.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
well @NPC83 - as I was so pissed off with all of this was gunna add above I didn't think Silva would have the gas to go with Pennington but forgot. Reads like I might have got that one (does that actually count lol?). Looks like you got me on Allen so 1-1 going into the big one.

Still liking Dricus but think if we get to the third, you're getting the bikkies.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@Doogie Dricus looking massive ! Sean not looking as big as he was against Izzy. Really interesting fight

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie Dricus looking massive ! Sean not looking as big as he was against Izzy. Really interesting fight
Sad world - having to listen to a watch party on u tube. Sean is having a jab party, Dricus is going for some TD's and lots of kicks. Fair enough?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad world - having to listen to a watch party on u tube. Sean is having a jab party, Dricus is going for some TD's and lots of kicks. Fair enough?
DDP good second round mixing it up well but has eaten a lot of Sean’s jabs. Couple take downs can’t hold Sean down.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
DDP good second round mixing it up well but has eaten a lot of Sean’s jabs. Couple take downs can’t hold Sean down.
Well if DDP doesn't catch him this round, he's gassed I reckon.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if DDP doesn't catch him this round, he's gassed I reckon.
DDP still looks good after round 3 and might have won that round with activity. Still can’t land clean on Sean.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
DDP still looks good after round 3 and might have won that round with activity. Still can’t land clean on Sean.
well the watch party I'm on shows more head shots by Sean but overall - 50/50. Then you have the three TD's - so sounds close.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dog fight right now. DDP no cardio issues at round 4.