Top 30 - 2020

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If we demand tigers pay 300 of Packers 650 a year salary, which I almost guarantee you they will, then he should be there. Might be able to push it to 359 from tigers. They really want him gone.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we demand tigers pay 300 of Packers 650 a year salary, which I almost guarantee you they will, then he should be there. Might be able to push it to 359 from tigers. They really want him gone.
It would be nice to have an experienced player like Packer on a subsidised wage on a one year deal. The question is, is he an upgrade on Ogden, Danny F, or Toomaga ?

RefWorld

Waterboy
Reaction score
26. Kalache.
27. Esse Esse*
28. Britt*
29. Korisau*
30. Ramien*

I’d be wary of signing Ramien if I were a Sydney club other than the Sharks. He arrived in Newcastle as a 21-year-old with 21 NRL games to his name and was kicking stones and bitching and moaning about the money he’d signed for from the moment he arrived there: He thought he was worth at least $500K a season and spat the dummy from the start.

If he goes back to Sydney he’ll live in the Shire and hang out with players from the Sharks that he knows and is comfortable with and friends with and will be wishing he was playing with: A problem waiting to happen, I think.

And he’s not a $500K a season player yet. Like a lot of young players backing up for his second season, opposition teams have worked him out to a degree. He has a loose carry and opposition teams targeted that and he dropped a lot of ball and didn’t take constructive criticism from the coaching staff well. A bit too pig headed and big headed: Perhaps coming from a club with the likes of Fifita, Dugan and Gallen has something to do with it. And the only thing missing so far in the Ramien drama is advice from Anthony Mundine.

And he’s not a centre who can set up his winger at this stage of his development. He’s still just a ‘run over the top of defenders’ type player and opposition teams know that too. And he gets caught out in defense, as a lot of young centres do. He could develop into one of the best centres in the game if he loses the attitude and is willing to learn.

The best option for Ramien and everyone else is for him to go back to the Sharks. At least until he grows up a bit and loses the attitude. The last thing the Dogs need now is to sign a potential $500K a season problem child. I think there are better options for the Dogs IMHO.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
26. Kalache.
27. Esse Esse*
28. Britt*
29. Korisau*
30. Ramien*

I’d be wary of signing Ramien if I were a Sydney club other than the Sharks. He arrived in Newcastle as a 21-year-old with 21 NRL games to his name and was kicking stones and bitching and moaning about the money he’d signed for from the moment he arrived there: He thought he was worth at least $500K a season and spat the dummy from the start.

If he goes back to Sydney he’ll live in the Shire and hang out with players from the Sharks that he knows and is comfortable with and friends with and will be wishing he was playing with: A problem waiting to happen, I think.

And he’s not a $500K a season player yet. Like a lot of young players backing up for his second season, opposition teams have worked him out to a degree. He has a loose carry and opposition teams targeted that and he dropped a lot of ball and didn’t take constructive criticism from the coaching staff well. A bit too pig headed and big headed: Perhaps coming from a club with the likes of Fifita, Dugan and Gallen has something to do with it. And the only thing missing so far in the Ramien drama is advice from Anthony Mundine.

And he’s not a centre who can set up his winger at this stage of his development. He’s still just a ‘run over the top of defenders’ type player and opposition teams know that too. And he gets caught out in defense, as a lot of young centres do. He could develop into one of the best centres in the game if he loses the attitude and is willing to learn.

The best option for Ramien and everyone else is for him to go back to the Sharks. At least until he grows up a bit and loses the attitude. The last thing the Dogs need now is to sign a potential $500K a season problem child. I think there are better options for the Dogs IMHO.
I don't think there are better options for quality and value if we want a Centre for next year. We have to overpay for players unless they're at clubs that want to get rid of them for whatever reason (and then we have to compete with other clubs too).