Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big thing was how did we keep that challenge? Was it explained on TV? I assumed it was challenge unsuccessful and we lost it. But then we used another challenge later when Kikau took out Best. How did we get two unsuccessful challenges?
We won the challenge but they ruled on something else. So we kept our challenge but were fucked over anyway.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They ruled it was a knock on, but it was never a knock on because it never hit the ground or an opposition player so they couldn't rule that it was a knock on. Am I missing something?
it can also be ruled a knock on if it goes forward into one of your own players.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The big thing was how did we keep that challenge? Was it explained on TV? I assumed it was challenge unsuccessful and we lost it. But then we used another challenge later when Kikau took out Best. How did we get two unsuccessful challenges?
Because the incident we challenged was after the ruling of a knock on, so the challenge was retained,

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a bat on so not technically a pass out of the hands.

Seriously though just because your dogs supporters doesnt mean you need to be so fukn one eyed... It was the right call.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We had 3 Tigers on report for one penalty for markers not square on Saturday. It's across the board.

When were your six agains ruled against you? I watched the game, but not closely enough to pay that much attention to that. I'd guess though that it was when you were well on top, if so, welcome to being good again. Happens to us most weeks.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i was a bit confused at the one too TBH. I was watching the game with the bloody kids annoying me, and seem to have missed why we were successful in the challenge.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A forward pass is always an infringement. And the bunker found this before the play of the challenge dispute. I never understand the ruling is different when a try can't be called back In similar circumstances.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had 3 Tigers on report for one penalty for markers not square on Saturday. It's across the board.

When were your six agains ruled against you? I watched the game, but not closely enough to pay that much attention to that. I'd guess though that it was when you were well on top, if so, welcome to being good again. Happens to us most weeks.
Watch the game again you will notice the six again on the 5th tackle.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watch the game again you will notice the six again on the 5th tackle.
I'm not watching it again, I'll leave that to you guys, I dont doubt you at all about the 6 again being on the last, my question is what was the score at the time? It's bullshit and extremely frustrating, but the refs game manage 100%, not just your games.

Pick a random Panthers game over the past few years most teams will get a few soft penalties to march the up field at the beginning of each game, when we get on top of that they load us up with ruck infringements for 10 or 15 minutes at the start of most 2nd halves. It's to try and stop the blowouts, it doesn't always work, but it is effective in slowing the momentum.

It's funny though seeing them shit themselves when the shit team takes advantage enough to make it back into a contest, the legups dry up real fast.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not watching it again, I'll leave that to you guys, I dont doubt you at all about the 6 again being on the last, my question is what was the score at the time? It's bullshit and extremely frustrating, but the refs game manage 100%, not just your games.

Pick a random Panthers game over the past few years most teams will get a few soft penalties to march the up field at the beginning of each game, when we get on top of that they load us up with ruck infringements for 10 or 15 minutes at the start of most 2nd halves. It's to try and stop the blowouts, it doesn't always work, but it is effective in slowing the momentum.

It's funny though seeing them shit themselves when the shit team takes advantage enough to make it back into a contest, the legups dry up real fast.
The last 2 years the refereeing has been atrocious and I’m not talking about bulldogs games either.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The last 2 years the refereeing has been atrocious and I’m not talking about bulldogs games either.
Only 2 years? I can forgive the refs a lot of their errors with the speed of the game and having to make a call in real time. The game management aspect I hate, even though 99% of the time the better team wins (purely on the game management aspect, plenty of teams lose that shouldn't have due to just bad calls) The bunker howlers on the other hand are a disgrace.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only 2 years? I can forgive the refs a lot of their errors with the speed of the game and having to make a call in real time. The game management aspect I hate, even though 99% of the time the better team wins (purely on the game management aspect, plenty of teams lose that shouldn't have due to just bad calls) The bunker howlers on the other hand are a disgrace.
Don’t get me started with the Bunker, the Bunker is a whole different level of stupidity lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
totally unrelated but is luke patton still doing video refereeing?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No mate, they no longer have X-players as video refs from what I understand
There is always an ex player in the Bunker, last weekend Ben Galea was in the Bunker for the Chooks versus Melbourne game.
But they are an "advisor" only.

Always a Bulldog

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why don’t they use the bunker for forward pass then?
The bunker will be guessing as the forward velocity of the player passing the ball needs to be calculated to determine if the pass was thrown forward.
The most simple way to judge a forward pass is to get more linesmen so they can be in a better position to see if the throwing motion of the hands was aimed forward. There should be at least 4 linesmen and preferably 8 - 4 on each sideline set to their section of the field. The current 1 linesmen on each sideline results in tons of forward passes being missed.