News Why Crichton believes there’s a ‘resemblance’ between Dogs and Panthers ahead of return clash

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs skipper Stephen Crichton has declared the Bulldogs hold a “resemblance” to the Panthers in their early days prior to a hattrick of premierships.

Crichton left the reigning premiers to join Cameron Ciraldo’s outfit ahead of the 2024 season, with the pair currently leading their side into the top eight after nine rounds.

The 23-year-old believes the Bulldogs have the ingredients to become an NRL powerhouse, just like the Panthers who are the competition’s benchmark.

“I think there’s just some hard workers and (players who are) eager to learn, when I first started, that’s what we built ourselves on at the Panthers,” Crichton said.

“I see a lot of resemblance right now with the younger boys coming through, they are eager to learn and make their footy better and we’re all on the same journey here.

“We wanted to be better than the team they were last year, that’s what we have built. We have gotten better and it’s good that teams can see we are playing good footy.

“In our circle, we know that we can nail moments and play better football as well. There’s still heaps of room for improvement for our team and that’s the exciting bit.”

Crichton will return to BlueBet Stadium for the first time since leaving the Panthers on Friday, facing his old teammates including close friends Brian To’o and Sunia Turuva.

”It’s pretty exciting... I don’t know how it’s gonna be running out there, whether it’s gonna be a cheer or a boo, but I’m really excited,” Crichton said.

“Bizza (Brian To’o) and Tito (Sunia Turuva), they are my closest mates,” Crichton said.

“I’ve been calling them a few nights as well, just catching up with them, but it’s more just joking around and trying to put it on each other.

“Brian is on our side, it will be pretty funny if he’s in a tackle. He will probably be pulling on my headgear or saying something stupid in my ear.

“There’s a lot of good memories there and I’m so grateful for the time I was there.”

However, Crichton explained he’s fully focused on the task at hand — leading the Bulldogs to the finals for the first time since 2016.

“Now I’m with a new team, new system, new coaches and new brothers… I want to go out there and do the best for our team to get the win.”

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are still a time away from the Panthers set up although our Captain recognises the similarities. Leading by example we are fortunate to have him lead us through a new era. Sir Gus is doing everything he can to develop young athletes into professional footballers. Then Cameron is bringing a belief to our squad.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are still a time away from the Panthers set up although our Captain recognises the similarities. Leading by example we are fortunate to have him lead us through a new era. Sir Gus is doing everything he can to develop young athletes into professional footballers. Then Cameron is bringing a belief to our squad.
That’s the thing, we’re trying to bring back the Lost Dogs back to the club

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he is spot on they work for each other hard and want to win good on him leading our team the way he does critta it’s one of the most influential players of this era

UP THE DOGGIES

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how Journo's ask questions that player's are not going to dispute, and then create an article out of it.. not to say Critta lied, but it wasn't exactly a statement or anything.