Our defense is awesome.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I missed the first half due to an onset of snoring while on the last half hour of waiting for the game to start. But it has been huge now that we're defending well and not giving up at 8 points down. Last year there'd be a 10 minute period where our heads would drop and we'd focus on counting the tries we let in through a 10-20 minute period instead of defence.

I think knowing that our backline are very dangerous in attack and our forwards don't take a backwards step is equally important to maintaining the desire to defend.

Prior to ousting the entire squad from 3 years ago, there were players I thought were worth keeping. But I think the big difference is we've recruited players who mightn't often be excitement machines. But they'll bleed for the guy next to them.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence still suspect during the first half but was very quickly picked up in the second half. I remember a few times during the first half on our left we made a few bad defensive reads but was cleaned up. Line speed was phenomenal against a much bigger pack we help our own and dominated them.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Myth. Small halves are everywhere and if theyre good enough in attack its fine. So you're telling me roosters halves arent small? Broncos? Etc
Roosters and Broncos have big forwards. We need an extra big body like Hutch .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the Taaffe narks lol
For the record I'm happy to have a FIT Tracey at fb no issue at all but he missed 3 of 6 against the Knights.....