Our defense is awesome.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can all the dooomers who said we’d lose just say I was wrong ? Have faith !! We won. We came back and beat them despite the tigers having all momentum. We lost the penalty count too
What? People thought we would lose?

Ok it was ugly but I didn't think we would lose even for a second.

When they took the 2 I knew they knew they will lose.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nine rounds in ,30plus for and against and in eighth position. If you had told me that at the start of the year I would have asked for some of your stash…..
Everything good that happens in a game of footy comes off the back of D, I can’t believe how far we have come in such a short time.

Last edited:

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agreed. At first I thought it was Ciro’s incompetence that was due to our shit def, but it looks like bringing in some hard workers and cleaning out the dead wood has worked wonders
Yep. Ciraldo knows what he’s doing, I don’t think his system has changed but this group of players has collectively decided they are going to buy in. It shows the value of our recruitment, even a player like Salmon, he might never set the world on fire as a ball playing lock but his defence is rock solid. Each week we keep sticking to the plan the confidence will grow.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The turnaround it astounding and ciro deserves a lot of credit. All the coaches here who wanted him moved on half way through last year are missing now or have quietly changed their tunes… there are only 3 teams who’ve conceded less points than us this year after 9 rounds. We haven’t had an easy draw either, playing Sharks, Eels, Storm, Roosters etc. I think Sharks, Storm & Roosters probably round out the top 4 with Panthers at the end of the year. It’s remarkable our turnaround. Im actually starting to believe we will make the top 8 this year

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah hasn’t surprised me I always rated him, not the biggest not the strongest but effort and leg speed can be a killer through a tired middle and Ciraldo is using him well.
He's a tough little prick that just goes 100 miles an hour. Glad.to see him getting consistent games/minutes.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DOGS are in the top4 for the least points conceded per game played . Not expectating this in 2024. Lots of criticism of smaller forwards, however their line speed, constant pressure, stamina in defending for long periods has been basis of the improved defense. Opposition are not camped inside the Dogs 20 meter red zone on 5th tackle, like in previous years. Attacking kicks are significantly less this year. Although smaller, the tackling technique of Mann, Morin, Hayward etc are very effective.