Our defense is awesome.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly can't see a spot for salmon anymore. He did nothing yesterday and was a cause for their linebreaks by not pushing up with the line and leaving a gap that Hutchison had to cover because he wasn't there

Hayward has stepped up major notches after yesterday he was immense just as morrin was

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs have always been about defence. In 1984 we won the grand final by the huge score of 6 to 4. Next year in 1985 we won grand final by the even bigger score of 7 to 6.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
I honestly can't see a spot for salmon anymore. He did nothing yesterday and was a cause for their linebreaks by not pushing up with the line and leaving a gap that Hutchison had to cover because he wasn't there

Hayward has stepped up major notches after yesterday he was immense just as morrin was
Salmon isn't a world beater by any stretch, but I doubt he is going anywhere as CC has him playing 80 minutes every week, so he obviously sees him as the work horse. However, our whole pack are work horses. We have Kikau, Preston, Salmon, Mann and Curran that can all play 80 minutes. That'll work for the lower teams, but against Panthers, we do need something that can rattle their structure a bit - ENTER SKELTON off the bench please!

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Salmon isn't a world beater by any stretch, but I doubt he is going anywhere as CC has him playing 80 minutes every week, so he obviously sees him as the work horse. However, our whole pack are work horses. We have Kikau, Preston, Salmon, Mann and Curran that can all play 80 minutes. That'll work for the lower teams, but against Panthers, we do need something that can rattle their structure a bit - ENTER SKELTON off the bench please!
Salmon is a step up from Waddell aye? More reliable.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really hope the defence holds up next week against Penrith. I’m not expecting the Dogs to win but if they defend hard and make it a good game it will set them up for the following month - Raiders, Dragons, Knights and Eels…

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
I loved our intensity in last 15 minutes yesterday. Will be hard to keep that up against Panthers next week but they aren’t playing great and Dogs will be out to prove something against them. I don’t expect to win but I expect a good effort from the boys

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think Sexton will get monstered by other teams. We won this game on the back of defense.
Hutchison misses a lot of tackles though
If Burton makes Origin we'll get to see what Sexton can offer both in attack and defence