Sam hughes contact with badger

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's all over Facebook.
Sam Hughes being investigated by the match review committee for forcibly contacting ref Badger.

He will cop a fine for sure in my opinion.
But I don't think he deserves it.

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He'll get a week early guilty plea I reckon. Third time he has come to the NRLs attention in as many games.
I worry you're right (or maybe even worse). Especially as it's a female ref and she has been getting blasted everywhere for multiple bad performances. Have todcrack down on someone as an example, no matter how bad she was.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worry you're right (or maybe even worse). Especially as it's a female ref and she has been getting blasted everywhere for multiple bad performances. Have todcrack down on someone as an example, no matter how bad she was.
Whether she’s a female is irrelevant. The nrl will oppose people’s criticism of her being allowed to ref as a female so they can’t say the contact is worse because she’s a female

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree.
Was a crack down years ago, can't remember the year.
But they had a crack down on touching officials.
Been a lot of it creep back into the game,
Officials need to be more mindful of their positions on the field, I have no doubt they will quietly work on that behind the scenes.
But they will vocally crack down on players at any opportunity again, I think.

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saw this comment on Reddit - absolute gold.

"As Badger is in front of the ball, she is not in a position to receive the ball. She stops in the defensive line, and her actions impede the ability of Hughes to make a tackle. Challenge by the NRL is unsuccessful, penalty Bulldogs."

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's all over Facebook.
Sam Hughes being investigated by the match review committee for forcibly contacting ref Badger.

He will cop a fine for sure in my opinion.
But I don't think he deserves it.
Saw it during the game and was like fcuk.. it wasn't as bad as others though.

Interesting to see what happens.. probably going to the judiciary trying to defend that suplex on Suali'i comes back to bite us due to losing and getting extra points.

And the one game we really needed him too.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think nrl should have a debunker
A higher official. Than the one in bunker that can overule a decision that can be wrong like a safety guard.
Imagine that debunk the bunker has a ring to it .
Nahhh I reckon just stop calling six again and bring the speed and fatigue factor down which is causing the mountain of mistakes.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw it during the game and was like fcuk.. it wasn't as bad as others though.

Interesting to see what happens.. probably going to the judiciary trying to defend that suplex on Suali'i comes back to bite us due to losing and getting extra points.

And the one game we really needed him too.
Explain that again...
Might be just me, but I not understanding the sualii reference

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Badger wasn't NRL standard yesterday. Plenty of wrong calls, multiple times her positioning was terrible. I'm surprised she only came into contact with a player once. NRL take no responsibility on anything so this will be 3 weeks.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think nrl should have a debunker
A higher official. Than the one in bunker that can overule a decision that can be wrong like a safety guard.
Imagine that debunk the bunker has a ring to it .
Gus should man the debunker.