News NRL probes Gus over spray

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine if Albanese could do the same to everyone who criticised him... oh wait Australia isn't a dictatorship.

NRLol being run like a third world dictatorship hahaha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
LOOOL This is so fucking childish and petty. "Mommm he called me stupid" booohoooo. Thats exactly how this comes across from the NRL. This is actually an embarrassing moment and it also kinda shows a bit of tyrany and lack of freedom of speech here. Wtf is this north Korea? Shame on you NRL.
Complaint from Murdoch media... to put Bulldogs and GM Footy back in their place no doubt.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What an eventful bye week lol, topine and gould fine

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The one and only Phil “Augustus” Gould has long been feared and loathed as one of the biggest figures in rugby league.

Often polarising because of his strong opinion, Augustus launched an all-time tirade on Channel Nine on Monday night branding the entire game “stupid”.

The both-barrels spray sent powerful figures in the game into meltdown because of Gould’s dual positions as Canterbury-Bankstown kingpin and Channel Nine commentator.

NRL is currently analysing the comments with a fine tooth comb and is expected to hit Gould with a breach notice and a heavy fine.

Why? For breaching the game’s code of conduct.

In a straight off the hip with a Smith and Wesson spray, Gould said: “Our game’s so stupid. You can lose the ball over the line and it costs you 20m and seven tackles. Why?

“I don’t know because it’s stupid. But I can just take a line drop out and it goes out on the full no consequence.

“It’s nothing at all – what sort of stupid game is this? Who sits and makes up these rules?

“Api Koroisau try what the hell was that – what the hell was that?

The stupefying spray led to a number of people bringing the hot take to the attention of the NRL with the powers that be now poring over it.

The NRL rules clearly stipulate club officials, coaches and players are not permitted to engage in public commentary that is damaging to the game.

We’d love to hear the Augustus’s response when the breach notice lands.

It’s not the first time head office has been pushed by influential figures in the game to sanction Gould over his public commentary.

The grey area is because he’s also the kingpin of Canterbury-Bankstown.
The last time I checked we are still living in a democratic country called AUSTRALIA where freedom of speech and expression are still of great value, or is it only when it agrees with system the National Rotted League,
Gus is 100% correct to question the credibility of some of the rules and the constant rule changes, the intensity is lost and replaced by almost a hard game of touch football, I don't mean that in disrespect to the players, it's the rules...
Lots of tries no intensity " The real Rugby League in on it's Death Bed " :(
Always changing rules insisting they are doing it for the betterment of the game...Sure ?
At the going rate in 10 years time THE GREATEST GAME will probably become The GREATEST SHAME :fearscream:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Putting the game beyond scrutiny and criticism, is not a healthy situation.

The prime example is referees being a protected species for far too long, resulting in so many poor and dubious performances, and the subsequent high degree of suspicion that results.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, 2 decades is too generous.

I just wish a more professional SuperLeague faction takes over, preferably smart ex-players.
Unless fox folds the NRL won’t either, it’s what’s keeping it alive and kicking. Don’t care who runs it as long as it’s done right and not ripe with corruption and favouritism like it currently is.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A Tweet to Gus:

That's what happens when you get your news limited Gus

Reactions: TAS

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We really need to get behind the club more than ever now. I'm so glad that finally Gus has called out the rorted pricks out. We've lost so many games due to bad ref calls.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a go fund me to help keep Gus off the streets? Hope he’s ok for a feed.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand protecting the refs as any good employer should back up their staff. But to fine someone for criticising the sport is fkn crazy that’s actually like I’ve never seen that in the history of sport. Imagine the NRL had the American media personalities like Stephen A and Skip they’d have a heart attack

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score