News NRL probes Gus over spray

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
IIRC they don't actually have to hand over the money, they deduct it from the grant next season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is complete bullshit. I'm not actually a fan of Gould's arrogance. But he's a fucking commentator, paid to give opinions. If the heads of the NRL can't handle being called out maybe they need to go through some wrestling sessions to see if the game is for them.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So by hitting Gould with a breach notice, are the NRL then accepting that everything he stated was 100% correct and on the money?!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did he actually get a 20k fine?
He may pay the original bill if so but no way will he end up 20K light.
Total horseshit again fk the p.c police.
Call these ***** out i say and same goes for coaches, within reason clubs should cover a fine or two per year.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did he actually get a 20k fine?
He may pay the original bill if so but no way will he end up 20K light.
Total horseshit again fk the p.c police.
Call these ***** out i say and same goes for coaches, within reason clubs should cover a fine or two per year.
10k is suspended so its only a 10k fine

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love Gus' comments, I wish more clubs would call the NRL out. Hopefully some of these rules get changed.. But... He was always going to be fined considering how sensitive the NRL are and how they fine you for any comment. It doesn't matter that he's a media personality. He's also the GM of the club and would always be fined just like any other administrator or coach.

I don't agree with the NRL's ways. I hate how they're run and their rules. But it's just the way it is. Gus knew that this was coming and got his moneys worth.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Putting the game beyond scrutiny and criticism, is not a healthy situation.

The prime example is referees being a protected species for far too long, resulting in so many poor and dubious performances, and the subsequent high degree of suspicion that results.
I am all for a constructive and healthy criticism...
BUT if people in charge refuse to to listen what's next, how long can you keep silent for ???
Genuine human errors must be tolerated, BUT not the evil and deliberate dubious refereeing...That is unacceptable !!!