Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He does mention it a few times in his quotes
Seems crazy they wouldn't let them drink water
You found quotes about lack of water not given in that 2018 article I posted?
Edit: although the same heading, the article I posted is the original 2018 article re Perrett's hospitalisation.

Last edited:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
League will die now because of little bitches who aren’t good enough to cut it. This is their chance for a cash grab now as ability was never going to get them there…

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can I sue a ground announcer for 'propaganda war machine' announcing?
Anyone know anything?
Brookvale as well

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The floodgates have opened. Anasta was perfectly right in saying the NRL need to help the Dogs against Topine or there's gonna be a flood of claims.

If clubs and the game collapse because of this I hope the journos will be happy when they're out of a job.

I look forward to seeing how Brent Read and co are going to criticise Manly and every other club accused - probably won't though hey, just us

Well this should surprise no one. Whilst the Dogs and the NRL might want the Topine case to go away quickly. It may be in the best interests of the NRL to see that Topine is beaten soundly in court, otherwise this will be the tip of the iceberg.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
League will die now because of little bitches who aren’t good enough to cut it. This is their chance for a cash grab now as ability was never going to get them there…
chill out, you don't know exactly what happened. Lloyds a big bloke, he might of been under hydrated at the time and denying him water, making him run caused heat stroke is pretty rough

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thing is it always just takes one person to do it first. The martyr so to speak, the game will die if Topine ends up getting anything from us or the case isn't dismissed outright

Or it'll turn into a sport for absolute wimps

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly are well and truly fucked. One player dead and another close to it, from regular training exercise.

Eta: Simple solution, kick them out and bring back the bears!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are nothing but the broadest of comparison points between the Perrett and Topine cases, those being that the alleged perpetration happened during training at a RL club.

The differences are significant. No lawyer (let alone court) is going to view them in a similar light from a legal stand point. Some lawyers might seek to draw connections to try to build narrative, but any judge worth their salt will shut that down quick smart if they try to do it in court.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Fucken redneck manly dogs probably gave it to him for having a different skin tone. What a putrid shit club they are still whinging about the flogging we gave them in 95

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You would think this situation would be highlighted and easy to avoid after the Katto Ottio incident

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You found quotes about lack of water not given in that 2018 article I posted?
Edit: although the same heading, the article I posted is the original 2018 article re Perrett's hospitalisation.
They are not going to post everything that was said.

Edit: Maybe the medical staff at the hospital said it was due to lack of water.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think this will stop at nrl - all elite sports will likely be effected

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The floodgates have opened. Anasta was perfectly right in saying the NRL need to help the Dogs against Topine or there's gonna be a flood of claims.

If clubs and the game collapse because of this I hope the journos will be happy when they're out of a job.

I look forward to seeing how Brent Read and co are going to criticise Manly and every other club accused - probably won't though hey, just us

If you read the article, Topine suing has nothing to do with this.

Perrett explained he decided to “take action” after the result of the inquiry into the death of former Manly star Keith Titmuss was revealed.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The beginning of the end of Sport as we know it.....

That is unless it becomes mandatory for players to sign waivers which are included in their contracts - that's the only way forward.
That’s what they do at my work. If you are going to hang off a 25 story building on a rope you need you SWMS Public Liability ect

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry this is hilarious to me
He says they have no idea how this could happen to a professional athlete
mmmm you were fat

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had heat stoke, being fat had nothing to do with it. Keith Titmuss from Manly died because if heat stoke etc, he wasn't fat.
Stop it, Perrett was over weight for majority of his career
A little bit of accountability wouldn't hurt

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
interesting case, few things will be asked
is the training paddock or training of players considered a workplace
what ohs laws were broken
access to water is a basic right
does basic ohs rules apply to the training side of rugby league, heat, water, fatigue management