OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's a great analysis mate well done.

Running metres isn't a telling stat like it used to be thanks to refs gifting 6 agains and massive inconsistencies policing the ruck.

Good teams will always be up the top defensively though. Good signs
Good point.

Quicker, fitter teams that can tackle effectively & not concede 'the dreaded tackle restart - 6 again' will save energy.
BUT ...they gotta be able to tackle and win that ruck contest. It's why guys like Salmon, Turpin, Mann, Hayward, Morrin are all legitimate options now.
Bigger, slower guys get exposed in the middle of the ruck. Just look at us last year - Highway 1 - behind our markers (if they managed to get there in the first place).

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what Jaeman Salmon offers?
I hear ya pain. Offensively, we have so many better options.

Best answer from a TV watcher is that he is an efficient tackler & has a good motor.

Perhaps a good communicator & glues the defensive unit together - but I'm just clutching at straws there?

CC sure does like him.

I've re-watched games and must confess - he mops up a lot

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This game will show us where we are as a team. If we put a big score on the Tigpies we are on the right path to a finals shot this year. If not we are another year or more away.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hear ya pain. Offensively, we have so many better options.

Best answer from a TV watcher is that he is an efficient tackler & has a good motor.

Perhaps a good communicator & glues the defensive unit together - but I'm just clutching at straws there?

CC sure does like him.

I've re-watched games and must confess - he mops up a lot
He is part of our league best line speed.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jaeman speaks well and I thought he handled that Gus question perfectly.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe Hughes and Preston start, if Preston is fit?
Curran and Salmon to the bench.
Although given it's Wests, Ciraldo might be tempted to keep Hayward and Taaffe on the bench and drop Salmon to 19?
It's interesting to see the Ciraldo 'style' and game plan starting to take shape.
Maybe less big boppers on the bench is a way forward?
I agree Preston and Hughes will start with Curran at lock. We will look to match their forward pack in Klemmer and Utoikamanou early and then transition to more mobility and speed at the back end of the first half. Once Klemmer and Utoikamanou are off we win.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith gonna get schooled by the dogs next week .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Much better posts :tearsofjoy:

Speaks quite well Bailey much better than many who throw in 50 umms and 30 you knows ..
I.e Murray in the post match presser tonight an international player.
I think this young bloke might make it, wouldn't have said that 12 or so months ago.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not a massive fan but you're right.
Grunt and effort repeatedly and when bigger opponents are spent he isn't.
Someone potted Haywards 6 misses against the Knights now idk where they took place(pretty sure they didn't lead to tries)but I think Mase was talking about this on a podcast some misses aren't bad in the scheme of stopping or slowing momentum.Plus he made 43 successful ones in 55 minutes, so again ticker and doing the job CC wants from him(and scored a never give up try i might add another tick)

Status
Not open for further replies.