Sam hughes contact with badger

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok but my take is facts are facts on her refereeing performance and refs boss and Kasey herself should be taking that on board. It's only when posters start calling her a dumb bitch, whore, slut, stick to the kitchen etc that is considered sexist and all those types of misogynist comments are said bc she is a woman.

If posters stuck to her performance as a ref then no one can legitimately complain. Unfortunately guys have used those derogatory terms and so the focus can therefore be tailored around sexism and not her poor performance by NRLol.
An insult is an insult regardless. Young old M or F or where they come from. People hurl insults or remarks intended to suppress, intimidiate.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
An insult is an insult regardless. Young old M or F or where they come from. People hurl insults or remarks intended to suppress, intimidiate.
Yes I know when you personalise it around sexist remarks, you've lost the argument. Same with racism etc. It then goes into another area and the whole reason eg. Badger's inept reffing is overlooked and the focus goes to the foul insult.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. Hughes better off taking the fine in this environment.
When you criticize a woman it must be sexist
When you criticize an indigenous person it must be racist
When you criticize a homosexual it must be homophobia
When you criticize a Jewish person it must be anti-semitism
When you criticize a white heterosexual male...

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you criticize a woman it must be sexist
When you criticize an indigenous person it must be racist
When you criticize a homosexual it must be homophobia
When you criticize a Jewish person it must be anti-semitism
When you criticize a white heterosexual male...
Ah, yes, the white heterosexual male..................................................most oppressed minority in all of Australian society.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No different to Jerome Hughes vs the Warriors

View attachment 108403
View attachment 108404
Think we'll need another angle to confirm he's actually touching Kasey's Badger.
Regardless, that it's even being spoken about implies the young man is not only tall, but long too.
Exactly what you want and need from an Alpha prop.
Love this guy's style (which, from the photograph, appears to be 'Doggy' - is she actually backing up in this photo?)

Now: is that "triggering"? I hope so.
Are we done with all the 'White-Knighting' yet?

No, being critical of a referee is not "sexist" because of its genitalia.
The virtue-signalling is out-of-control. When it should be the instinct to call this s#!t out and tell its proponents to GGF'd, we instead have a litany of betas running around in a paroxysm of performative-concern, imploring everyone to make no sudden movements, lest it upset the 'Wokesterteers' and their demands for fealty to their sensitivities.

Best thing for Kasey's career is to get on with the next game and try to improve. She's not the worst referee in the ranks, but the nanosecond she's given lesser scrutiny because she's female, she will be. It becomes an inevitable and self-fulfilling prophecy; one CAUSED by those that insist on loudly telling everyone that they're "defending" her.

No you are not. You are making it worse - far worse. She should be livid with your "support". W@nkers.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying they're oppressed, I'm saying they have nothing to hide behind in this victim era we are currently in
Tall poppy syndrome
Small man syndrome
Insecurity issues

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think we'll need another angle to confirm he's actually touching Kasey's Badger.
Regardless, that it's even being spoken about implies the young man is not only tall, but long too.

Exactly what you want and need from an Alpha prop.
Love this guy's style (which, from the photograph, appears to be 'Doggy' - is she actually backing up in this photo?)

Now: is that "triggering"? I hope so.
Are we done with all the 'White-Knighting' yet?

No, being critical of a referee is not "sexist" because of its genitalia.
The virtue-signalling is out-of-control. When it should be the instinct to call this s#!t out and tell its proponents to GGF'd, we instead have a litany of betas running around in a paroxysm of performative-concern, imploring everyone to make no sudden movements, lest it upset the 'Wokesterteers' and their demands for fealty to their sensitivities.

Best thing for Kasey's career is to get on with the next game and try to improve. She's not the worst referee in the ranks, but the nanosecond she's given lesser scrutiny because she's female, she will be. It becomes an inevitable and self-fulfilling prophecy; one CAUSED by those that insist on loudly telling everyone that they're "defending" her.

No you are not. You are making it worse - far worse. She should be livid with your "support". W@nkers.
Stop the monologuing and watch the video.

Just so obvious and much faster than typing out your soapbox

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately Sam Hughes will be the NRLs scapegoat for all the misogynist crap on social media about Kasey Badger.
12 weeks and an ankle bracelet I expect.
Why go soft?
Isn't there a spare cot next to Jarryd Hayne for this kind of heinous "crime"?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

only a fine but sheesh shouldn't even warrant a charge
Why the fuck has Mahoney been charged for contrary conduct... Can be serious that they having a go at him for the Seyfarth situation... Did nothing wrong, plenty of others players should be fined if that's the case. Anyways fuck these judiciary *****, they are helping forge the us against them mentality again.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She’s in a bad position, Tigers go left then quickly shift right. Hughes has to change direction to account for this and does the natural thing when he’s about to collide with the ref by bracing for contact. If he hit her with any force she would have tumbled.

Nothing in it as usual.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
She’s in a bad position, Tigers go left then quickly shift right. Hughes has to change direction to account for this and does the natural thing when he’s about to collide with the ref by puts bracing for contact. If he hit her with any force she would have tumbled.

Nothing in it as usual.
Its clear he was not man handling her or pushing her out of the way and showed her some respect yet knew he had a job to do in defending the try line.

I guess they kinda acknowledged that in the usual hapless way the NRL ol handle things by just fining him when they've stood others down. See what happens with Smith tho.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the fuck has Mahoney been charged for contrary conduct... Can be serious that they having a go at him for the Seyfarth situation... Did nothing wrong, plenty of others players should be fined if that's the case. Anyways fuck these judiciary *****, they are helping forge the us against them mentality again.
Niggle is now outlawed. Fuck the woke agenda!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive already read online how the criticism she’s been receiving is unfair and it’s only because she’s a woman, when that’s not the case at all.
To be fair, there would be some blokes who are piling on because she's a woman, but any objective assessment is that she (or he, or whoever was ref) just had a bad game. We know Klemmer for example treats male refs the same way, or worse, when he loses it, so surely no problem there unless he made a sexist sledge. I also know I'll be pissed when if we ever get three successful challenges out of a ref in one game. Mind you, she not the worst ref IMO. There was one decision early on where we got 6 again on their line, then she blew a penalty to us when we fumbled out wide, because the whole backline was off-side. I thought that was a great decision some other refs wouldn't have made.