Kenty may not do nrl360 for a while

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photo emerges of man’s head injury after Paul Kent altercation

The man who clashed with rugby league personality Paul Kent outside a Rozelle nightspot was left with a head injury after a bystander intervened in the melee.
Kent, the Fox Sports NRL 360 co-host and Daily Telegraph columnist, has been stood down by his employer News Corp while it probes his involvement in a street fight in Sydney’s inner west on Saturday night.

A 35-year-old man has been charged with affray over the incident with Kent, vision of which was captured on a phone camera and posted on social media.
On Tuesday, the 35-year-old’s high profile lawyer Chris Murphy said he expected Kent, 54, will also be charged by police over the altercation, which occurred outside the venue Three Weeds Rozelle. Police are continuing to investigate.

“I believe my client was the subject of violence from two other men and this was occasioned to him while he was retreating from Paul Kent,” Murphy said on Tuesday.
“A group walked past [the venue] and Paul Kent accused him of saying something. It just didn’t happen. My client didn’t know who Kent was until someone said, ‘C’mon Paul, back off Kenty’ and tried to restrain Kent. But he broke away from them and came at my client.”

The 35-year-old who clashed with Kent sustained an injury to the back of his head when he was tackled to the ground by a third man.

The 35-year-old who clashed with Kent sustained an injury to the back of his head when he was tackled to the ground by a third man.
Kent had been drinking at the Sackville Hotel, a 10-minute walk away on Rozelle’s main strip Darling Street. He lives close by in Lilyfield.
Vision of the scuffle appears to show Kent accusing the man of saying something derogatory towards him as he walked past, before calling him a “doghead” and then taking his watch off and brushing off attempts to hold him back.

It then appears that Kent then shapes up to the man, cocks his fist and charges at him, before being tossed head first by the man into the base of a tree on the other side of the street. Footage shows the 35-year-old then being tackled into the ground by another man, who had initially tried to restrain Kent. The man suffered an injury to the back of his head, for which he has sought medical attention. A photograph of the man shows a large lump at the back of his head, which he alleges remains swollen and has caused him to be unable to sleep. He also alleges he sustained cuts to his back.

Murphy said his client does not drink and had been about to travel home after having a meal at Totti’s Italian restaurant, which is in Three Weeds.

“He was out for dinner with his wife and another couple at Totti’s restaurant. They had a reservation, they paid for their meal and were leaving. He was on the step with the other couple waiting for his wife to come down the stairs,” he said.
“He was approached by Kent and retreated.

“If this matter ends up in a courtroom, Mr Kent will be subject to very close cross-examination.”
Kent was contacted for comment.

One of Sydney’s most well-known defence lawyers, Murphy also has a long history of acting for rugby league players in criminal and football matters, from the late Immortal Johnny Raper to Hazem El Masri and members of the Burgess family.
He said the man he was representing over the brawl with Kent had presented himself to police before being charged but had not given a statement. His wife and the couple they were out with had also not been interviewed.

Kent was replaced in his NRL 360 co-hosting chair on Monday night by former England international James Graham.
“Paul Kent is not with us tonight. Paul has been stood down from Fox Sports while an investigation takes place into an incident over the weekend,” said fellow host Braith Anasta in a statement opening the program.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So being in the spotlight gives him a pass to put shit on players who are essentially strangers to him
No he’s a dickhead for that, thats why I said he’s a dickhead but he gets paid to do it that’s his job. And because of that that’s why people have a go at him. Just like anyone would especially me if strangers are carrying on at you in public I’m brawling

silva

Utility
Reaction score
No he’s a dickhead for that, thats why I said he’s a dickhead but he gets paid to do it that’s his job. And because of that that’s why people have a go at him. Just like anyone would especially me if strangers are carrying on at you in public I’m brawling
He’s 50 years old how bout he stop getting on the piss like he’s in his twenties

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A little birdie told me he may not have been intoxicated as one might think...prefers the Booga Sugar instead!

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s 50 years old how bout he stop getting on the piss like he’s in his twenties
Who cares how old he is.
I’ve spent my 20s so far raising kids you best believe once their all older I’ll be on the piss like I’m still in my 20s

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One glance at some of the seedy fuckers he associates and hangs around with tells you so much about his character.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like we won’t see Paul Kent on NRL TREE60 anytime soon.