U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think she was simply talking about addressing entrenched systems of discrimination and socially entrenched biases so that everyone can be on a level playing field.
Which all sounds fine in theory. But this experiment has been run multiple times throughout the history of the last 100-150 years. Each time, it always sounds good 'in theory'. But the proof is in the "how are you going to go about achieving this utopia".

It's resulted countless times in the needless slaughtering of people. At best, it may not result in the massacring of ethnic minorities, however it certainly does not result in better outcomes for anyone.

She didn't specify what she meant by getting to the same place...
Of course she didn't lol. This would actually require her to reveal the ridiculously unpopular policies which would need to be put in place to 'even the playing field'.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Urgh..

Look. I can accept you being a KKK member. But being a Daryl Braithwaite fan?

Sorry. I draw the line there.
Every wasted white girl on a night outs favourite impromptu karaoke song, and for that, i hate the song and Daryl Braithwaite for giving it to them.

Fuck you Daryl...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Every wasted white girl on a night outs favourite impromptu karaoke song, and for that, i hate the song and Daryl Braithwaite for giving it to them.

Fuck you Daryl...
Fuck you...
It's better than Khe Sanh ;)

Do I need a lol Steeliz?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which all sounds fine in theory. But this experiment has been run multiple times throughout the history of the last 100-150 years. Each time, it always sounds good 'in theory'. But the proof is in the "how are you going to go about achieving this utopia".

It's resulted countless times in the needless slaughtering of people. At best, it may not result in the massacring of ethnic minorities, however it certainly does not result in better outcomes for anyone.

Of course she didn't lol. This would actually require her to reveal the ridiculously unpopular policies which would need to be put in place to 'even the playing field'.
Ok, I'll humour you. What sort of policies might those be and how will they potentially result in the needless slaughter of people? If they do not result in needless slaughter (nice of you to mention that possibility) how can yoyu guarantee they will not work, or improve society in any way?

It's all academic anyway, because chances of the Dems adopting a meaningful progressive policy platform are slimmer than the chance of you going a week without posting about black on black crime.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
CNN don't have Arizona listed for Biden yet. They are saying that we'll know soon (about 30 minutes) but it's still open and it has shortened massively. Trump is close.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CNN don't have Arizona listed for Biden yet. They are saying that we'll know soon (about 30 minutes) but it's still open and it has shortened massively. Trump is close.
Shit. Tho I do think Biden will win PA

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
They've been saying we should know Arizona since 1.5 hours ago. But nothing is coming through.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Georgia to release full count in next few hours as well. If Biden loses Arizona and doesn't pick up Georgia, it will all come down to Pennsylvania.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They've been saying we should know Arizona since 1.5 hours ago. But nothing is coming through.
Yeah. AP called it for Biden long ago. Then again, everyone has called Texas for Trump and Biden could still win it. But I think there's a higher chance that Hilary will win than Biden winning Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.