OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All players played very well. As I have said in the past, there is a need for a game manager. Critta
leads by example, but does little to organise any plays.
I know it is usually the role of the halves to do that, but is is missing, big time.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was at the game and just finished watching the replay without emotion.

Couldn't tell on tv but at the game, Casey had an 8m line for Tigers and 12 m line for us

Tigers 2nd challenge, still stand by that sutton fucked us and should've been confirmed as a knock on.

Tigers 3rd and 4th challenges happened after the sin bins, after the 76th minute, it wasn't changing anything about the game.

Overall she had a good game, she was let down by the linesman who called most of those knocks ons that weren't.

She's copping a lot of unwarranted heat for her performance.

Our performance, 1st half we were shit, 2nd half we DOMINATED the tigers, no refereeing decisions would've changed that, we gave them absolutely nothing that 2nd half.

Did you check in on your guys over at the Tigpies forum lol? The guy who was dismissing our backline is now blaming the refs and saying it's impossible for humans to maintain that line speed for 80mins lol.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We'll beat Penrith with our Morrin/JAC 1, 2 punch off the kick offs
Hahaha

Here's a thought.
If Tracy can't play next week...
Kiraz to Fullback and Skelton on the wing.

Preston for Morrin.
Bench - Curran, Mann, Hayward, (Taaffe - I prefer Todd)

Imagine if the NRL team had the Reggies 1,2 punch from the Kick off - TODD, SKELTON & add KIRAZ for the 3rd hit up

Can't wait for Todd to be given his chance (sadly, not eligible yet - Rd 11?)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be because of injuries but I really don't like carrying such a small pack. We should only have one of Morrin or Hayward on the bench. Hopefully Sutton returns during the origin period and we can start stacking wins

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you check in on your guys over at the Tigpies forum lol? The guy who was dismissing our backline is now blaming the refs and saying it's impossible for humans to maintain that line speed for 80mins lol.
We've been watching it all season, goes to show he hasn't been watching our games. Our run metres conceded is now 1292m a game, still better than the Panthers. We kept the Tiges to 1184 run metres. This was not unexpected by any means, for anyone who is paying attention.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s definitely not his strength. We‘re lucky this year that we don’t really need any yardage metres from him, Tracy/Xerri/Critta/Kiraz give us plenty. JAC should keep himself out of yardage so he’s ready in attack.
Totally Agree -
JAC's ... bag is scoring tries.
His effort on Burton's kick from scrum just b4 half time highlights his strengths.

Not making tough yards. I get that he feels obliged to do his bit for the team, but it actually hurts us when he tries to do that.

Now Skelton on the other hand ...

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It might be because of injuries but I really don't like carrying such a small pack. We should only have one of Morrin or Hayward on the bench. Hopefully Sutton returns during the origin period and we can start stacking wins
TODD

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This game pissed me off so I don't want to talk about it much but Taaffe was noticeably bad. I think he really struggles to get involved with Burton playing both sides compared to when he was at fullback earlier in the season.
I don't think taafe was that bad. He brought leg speed into the attacking line and didn't do too much wrong. Will have to look at the replay, that was just what noticed at the game.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally Agree -
JAC's ... bag is scoring tries.
His effort on Burton's kick from scrum just b4 half time highlights his strengths.

Not making tough yards. I get that he feels obliged to do his bit for the team, but it actually hurts us when he tries to do that.

Now Skelton on the other hand ...
Is Skelton spending any time in the forwards in NSW Cup? If he stays on the wing it‘s hard to see him getting picked in FG over Kiraz or JAC or even Tracey for that matter. If he can play second row then he would surely be a better bench player than Morrin?

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it me or did it feel like we were always in control of that game yesterday going up a gear or two when it mattered…. we haven’t had one of those types of wins for years.
I hope you are correct here and we are eyeing a bigger prize next week!

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is Skelton spending any time in the forwards in NSW Cup? If he stays on the wing it‘s hard to see him getting picked in FG over Kiraz or JAC or even Tracey for that matter. If he can play second row then he would surely be a better bench player than Morrin?
Wing only in NSW Cup. I feel he'd get exposed defensively as a forward atm. Only been playing League for 14 months.
Think he'll get a crack at origin time (hope so anyways).
But, I do like the idea of him coming off the bench.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep they're just as deluded after the game as they were before the game lol

I don't think he understands the concept that our small forwards reed, morrin, Mann, and Hayward are faster than traditional big props.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everyone’s pretty much saying the ref gave us the win idiots.
Has anyone checked the tigers forum haha

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone tried explaining it to the moron but he refuses to believe smaller forwards are more agile and quick lol

Screenshot_20240505_081913_Chrome.jpg

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck I love Mahoney. Would be in my most hated for any other side but he's ours and a true bulldog :hearteyes:

Ps: fuck you Warren Smith, you have the honor of being the most annoying commentator currently on fox
He is killing it this year, what about the other 3 tigers players that also ran in. The media hate us!