OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Everyone’s missing the point that the tigers senior players in Sezer, Bateman and Klemmer all lost the plot. Continually blowing up at the referee. Worst decision was not sending Sezer for 10. He could have calmed down and got some messages from the coaches. He was still playing knowing he will get suspended for 2+ weeks and it showed.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You would think so.
I recall a few years ago, they had a crack down on touching the ref.
It was a blitz where any contact accidentally or not was penalised.
Do you guys remember that?
I can't remember the year, but I do remember the dogs getting pinged for the smallest of incidental touches.
The year you are going on about is 2016. I remember that all too well. All the refs were scared of getting germs.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't fathom the Tigers' fans blowing up about the ref. Must not have watched the same game as me.

Maybe everyone should pop over to Twitter and give Rob Bechara some (respectful) support. He seems to be having a bad day...
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't fathom the Tigers' fans blowing up about the ref. Must not have watched the same game as me.

Maybe everyone should pop over to Twitter and give Rob Bechara some (respectful) support. He seems to be having a bad day...
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
A portion of losing fans always blame the ref.. Dogs fans do it as well.. I know I do after Good Friday games

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The year you are going on about is 2016. I remember that all too well. All the refs were scared of getting germs.
2016, that sounds about right.
I recall the dogs coping a few penalties for it that were pretty incidental.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s been lots of talk about our “midget bench” and how we will get smoked by bigger packs

I can’t remember getting owned yet and even yesterday against a big Tigers pack we handled them with ease to the point we gave Preston the night off

Hunt in a pack template is working a treat with our mobile pack of utilities !

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s been lots of talk about our “midget bench” and how we will get smoked by bigger packs

I can’t remember getting owned yet and even yesterday against a big Tigers pack we handled them with ease to the point we gave Preston the night off

It sure is, and I couldn't be happier.
I'm just concerned it won't take long for opposition coaches to counter it.
With a fast rushing defence compressing on the attack, the tigers got caught trying to do one out runs.
Early spread nullify that with ease and exposes holes and gaps in the line.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dominated in most carries and towards the end he was feeding the ball the wingers instead. He stifled our attack on the right with his runs.
That's the big difference. Taafe puts extra workload onto our wingers to make more hit ups in kick returns and hence drains the tank of Fox and Kiraz in attack. That's why our wingers were pretty quiet yesterday. Tracey allows Fox and Kiraz to concentrate on what they need to do. Fingers crossed he is fit. CC in his press conference acknowledged what Tracey adds to the team so I don't think he is going to stuff around and get Tracey back in ASAP.

Taafe has definitely something to offer, but it's coming off the bench for impact.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the big different. Taafe puts extra workload onto our wingers to make more hit ups in kick returns and hence drains the tank of Fox and Kiraz in attack. That's why our wingers were pretty quiet yesterday. Tracey allows Fox and Kiraz to concentrate on what they need to do. Fingers crossed he is fit. CC in his press conference acknowledged what Tracey adds to the team so I don't think he is going to stuff around and get Tracey back in ASAP.

Taafe has definitely something to offer, but it's coming off the bench for impact.
Taffe also answered questions about playing halfback, he was first receiver multiple times attacking down the right. Didn't do much

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Everyone’s missing the point that the tigers senior players in Sezer, Bateman and Klemmer all lost the plot. Continually blowing up at the referee. Worst decision was not sending Sezer for 10. He could have calmed down and got some messages from the coaches. He was still playing knowing he will get suspended for 2+ weeks and it showed.
That's on the weak ref

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Only works when the ball stays in play, when the games stop start like in the first half we're going to have issues. I still don't think we have the right balance yet regardless.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xerri played well, he’s coming along nicely.. not peak yet an a little way to go, next year he will be a machine. Starting to like Burton more now he’s running the ball a Playing his natural game too!!
I actually thought he would run away after that line break early In the first half but he got collected easy

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely people saw the Tigers meat head players having a go at the referee all game especially Klemmer and Bateman, I don't know how Bateman stayed on the field that game as he kept carrying on and received a warning...

Also lets be real here, do people think that meat head footy players wouldn't find it easier to talk over a female referee? I find it easy to talk over any female in general, but during a physical sport usually dominated and surrounded by males with some being very frustrated this was bound to happen hence her losing control...

Referee or not, most meat heads aren't going to let a female put them in their place lol

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read the tigers forum post game… fuck they’re delusional supporters lmao! So salty and I fucking love it… opposition supporters are hating on us again. Well done Ciraldo

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A portion of losing fans always blame the ref.. Dogs fans do it as well.. I know I do after Good Friday games
I definitely do it too against the Good Friday match, but Im sure Casey gave us the same treatment as the tigpies yesterday. They talk about us running off our line early, thats what happens when you actually WANT to win games