OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why there so salty. The second half they didn’t fire a single shot. There halves didn’t do anything other than try for a 40/20. Issue is clearly there ability to create points. I thought our attack was bad, there’s is non existent. Especially off a pretty big/decent pack

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I actually thought he would run away after that line break early In the first half but he got collected easy
I think you meant the half break in the sixth minute? He got around Naden from a standing start, who had to make a pretty desperate tackle to stop Xerri getting clear. I thought he showed a bit of a glimpse there of some speed, but against Naden doesn't mean much.
The last play of the half was also interesting as the winger caught him in the chase for JAC's kick.
But was Xerri in top gear? Sometimes it's best not to go flat out for a kick to have a better chance on the bounce.
I'm not sure Xerri has had a chance yet to really show his top speed. Although I would have expected to have seen a bit more by now, especially with the hype during his layoff that seemed to be saying he was as quick as Usain Bolt.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Footy Show on 9 just spent their whole review of our game bagging out Mahoney with Joey calling for the NRL to bring back assault into the game
The same Joey who keeps calling for more protection of halves from physical assault after the balls left their hands ey lol?

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Footy Show on 9 just spent their whole review of our game bagging out Mahoney with Joey calling for the NRL to bring back assault into the game
What was their problem with Mahoney?
And not sure what you mean by bringing assault back into the game?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The same Joey who keeps calling for more protection of halves from physical assault after the balls left their hands ey lol?
So we have to listen to a junkie push agendas?

Kiss imoo

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was their problem with Mahoney?
And not sure what you mean by bringing assault back into the game?
Reed running third man in to stir the pot and instigate. Joey feels that big players should be allowed to physically assault Reed by punching him in the head.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutch with the pin point grubber. Curran is a beast! Any updates on him? Did he come away with an injury from the grub Jiu Jitsu leg lock by Sezer, or is he good to go?
Seizer will get done for the hip drop that was a clear hip drop

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What happened to preston? Saw his name on final team list but dont remember seeing him on field
I think he just rested him if there was a desperate need for him to play he would’ve put him on but he will be playing next week against Penrith and I do think we can beat them I really do it will be a defensive game next week and Tracey will be back

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he just rested him if there was a desperate need for him to play he would’ve put him on but he will be playing next week against Penrith and I do think we can beat them I really do it will be a defensive game next week and Tracey will be back
To be honest, him not playing Preston shows you what a coach Ciraldo is he full put trust in his team on the field and they delivered.

There’s no doubt Preston will be hungry for a return and hope he kills it next week, definitely going to this one

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Joey on the need to stop the push and shove rubbish. I can’t stand it, yet it’s obviously up to the game for instant sin binning. Will only take couple weeks to eradicate. He’s calls for violence is a bit silly

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where was this energy from the Tigers when they played Saints at Campbelltown??? Those flops rolled over for Saints without a whimper. Disgraceful!

Bunji has one hell of a job sorting out those duds over at Tigers.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone’s missing the point that the tigers senior players in Sezer, Bateman and Klemmer all lost the plot. Continually blowing up at the referee. Worst decision was not sending Sezer for 10. He could have calmed down and got some messages from the coaches. He was still playing knowing he will get suspended for 2+ weeks and it showed.
100% agreed Benji even said so on the post show this is not us all tiger seniors players kept abusing her and she did warn them so Klemmer deserved it and so did I don’t know his name and seizer should’ve have been binned for 10 mins on that tackle on Curran clear hip drop

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Where was this energy from the Tigers when they played Saints at Campbelltown??? Those flops rolled over for Saints without a whimper. Disgraceful!

Bunji has one hell of a job sorting out those duds over at Tigers.
Every team for some reason tries to put in the game of their season against us lol

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Every team for some reason tries to put in the game of their season against us lol
I think this was like a mini grand final for the tigpies, they had to try to stop the rot and when they realised they couldn't keep to that level for the whole game, shit went out the window for them and they lost the plot

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There’s been lots of talk about our “midget bench” and how we will get smoked by bigger packs

I can’t remember getting owned yet and even yesterday against a big Tigers pack we handled them with ease to the point we gave Preston the night off

Hunt in a pack template is working a treat with our mobile pack of utilities !
Agreed we have never been about size it’s what we put in the game that matters and it shows massively

I honestly think they can beat the panthers we do need Tracey at full back though

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is what made beating those flops even more satisfying. They actually turned up for a change instead of rolling over. We weren't even at our best and still won lol

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know right,
It's astounding how, soon as the small guys come on, we start to dominate.
I think our coach has done really well to get results like this,
He obviously doing the best he can with who he has to work with, and credit to the players for giving their all and making it work.

I must admit, I'm not sure how long they can maintain that intensity, and how we will go against better sides,
Will see against Penrith next week I guess.
The Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs will keep getting better and better Ciro will strive for excellence week by week

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this was like a mini grand final for the tigpies, they had to try to stop the rot and when they realised they couldn't keep to that level for the whole game, shit went out the window for them and they lost the plot
They are on two wins and probably should have lost to Parra if Gutho could kick conversions and penalties.